Thursday 26 March 2015

Is It Just Me Or Does This Make You Hungry??

Last year I posted a blog about attempting to photograph food photography, I found that the photos weren't my favourites and I said I wanted to try photographing food again. Recently in my weekly challenges at uni we had been given the task to photograph food which was a prefect time to try attempt food photography. I decided I wanted to take a different approach to photographing food; to gain ideas I knew I needed to do a little bit of research. While researching for a different project I found Dannielle Evans, a typographer who uses food within her work. 
This is my attempt at food typography ...




I thought my fruit salad photo was the most creative as I used a mixture of whole fruits and some chopped up fruits, all the colours of the fruit complimented the colours of a tropical fruit salad. My personal favourite photo though would be the waffles, despite not being as strong of a photo as the fruit salad I personally like the layout of the waffles and the fact I successfully managed to write in waffle mix.
Here's some behind the scenes photos ...







For the sugar and spice photo shoot I had some help setting up, as you can see above there is my lovely assistant with the stressful task of writing in sugar ... I later had the fun task of writing with fruit and waffles, obviously I had to eat all the evidence (not that I'm complaining)
Question of the day: Which of the final three photos do you like the most??

No comments:

Post a Comment