Sunday 19 April 2015

Street Photography

As part of my photography project I had to include some street photography, so I decided I wanted to do a fashion shoot with an urban twist. These are some of my older work but still a good example of street photography. I had taken these photos in a car park and as I was using natural light to take these photos I had the challenge of working out how I was going to get my photos well lite without having to use a longer shutter setting. I had worked out that if I went to the location early in the morning with my model then the sun would rise letting lots of light through the open gaps.
I did some experimenting with the settings for each photo so I'll put the setting I used under the photos below.

6.3mm
1/80
f/3.8
ISO 400

6.3mm
1/80
f/3.8
ISO 400

5mm
1/60
f/3.4
ISO 800

4.3mm
1/60
f/3.1
ISO 250

7.8mm
1/60
f/4
ISO 640

My photos were taken on my Fuji bridge, handheld as that was the only camera I had at the time and I didn't own a tripod. Hope you like them :)
Question of the day: Do you prefer fashion or urban photography??

No comments:

Post a Comment